[Openicc] colord 0.1.9 released - CM Framework - Printer Driver

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Mon Jun 20 05:14:27 PDT 2011

Hello Richard and all,
As I´m not a developer, I still have to learn about the communication
between the CM Framework and CUPS, ..toraster printer driver and so
on... (e.g. about the differences of sendind and queuing...)

I agree, that the CM Framework should not need to know the details about
driver setup. It would be just enough, if it provides one XML-file for
the driver (e.g. Gutenprint).

Richard:
- What would be the amount of work for the Gutenprint team to queue
colord for the driver setup of a given printjob ?

Robert:
- Do you think it would make sense to queue colord for getting the
driver setup in a color managed print pipeline ?
- If not, what would be you preferred alternative to synchronize printer
profile and driver setup ?

Best regards
Jan-Peter

--