[Openicc] colord 0.1.9 released - CM Framework - Printer Driver

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 07:53:59 PDT 2011

On 20 June 2011 15:47, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
> If you assign a device profile at spool time ... then you should also assign the driver options...

I'm not sure I follow that logic. If I embed a profile, lets say
"Hughsie's HP Photosmart Glossy Paper" then that's the calibrated
condition I want to print with. Of course, if we have an embedded
output profile, then it's probably not a good idea to query colord and
override the color profile the user has carefully chosen in the
application. If the embedded profile has the Gutenprint xml file
embedded in the DICT then it can easily be used instead. What will
happen in 99.99% of apps is they won't care and we don't get any
embedded output profile at all. That's where the data from colord is
useful.

Richard.