[Openicc] - CM Framework - Printer Driver - output intent

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 02:06:30 PDT 2011

On 06/21/2011 10:44 AM, Jan-Peter Homann wrote:
> Richard:
> Do you have any idea, how in the g-c-m / colord environment, printer
> driver metadata of the valid ICC-profile of a print job are extracted
> from the ICC-profile and integrated in the CUPS print stream as IPP
> attributes ?
> - Which tool has to this job ?
> - What would be part of colord in the workflow ?

The CPD could extract the driver settings from the ICC profile and add
all needed driver settings to the IPP attributes of the job.

> ****
>
> Questions about CPD and PDF with Output Intent:
> Am I correct, that CPD provides an GUI for the creation of print spool
> files ?

Yes, it does.

> If yes, the actions in the CPD dialogues control how PDF print spool
> files are generated, and if the printer profile will be embedded as
> output intent into the PDF print spool file.

It asks the user for the printer to use, the driver settings, and the
Output Intent/color profile. The dialog then embeds the color profile
into the PDF data stream and semds the driver settings as IPP attributes.

    Till