[Openicc] - CM Framework - Printer Driver - output intent - PDF specs

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Tue Jun 21 03:35:27 PDT 2011

Hello Till,
Is there any URL where I can further informations / specifications for
CPD and color management ?

What about following situation:
Current toolkits for PDF print spool file generation are creating
DeviceRGB PDF files.
If the printer profile is an RGB-profile and is embedded as output
intent, the PDF specs define, that DeviceRGB PDF content should not been
color managed.

If we want a colormanaged print path with the usage of the printer
profile as output intent, we MUST also convert all DeviceRGB PDF content
to ICCbased content with sRGB.icc embedded. Furthermore, we have also to
set the rendering intent on object level either to perceptual or define
a possibility to apply blackpoint comensation.

This is not simple stuff with current LINUX toolkits.

I currently have the impression that the CPD developments and the work
Richard Hughes is doing with colord an GhostScript are not well
synchronized.

best regards
Jan-Peter

--