[Openicc] Full screen color correction using wayland

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Jan 16 03:39:26 PST 2012

Am 13.01.12, 17:49 -0000 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> I've been talking with krh for a few days about how to implement full
> screen color correction using wayland. I'm sure it's no big shock to
> people that big distros are planning to move away from using X as a
> display server, and using wayland instead. X will still exist of
> course, but as a client to wayland and long term will be deprecated.

The wayland-devel email list shows me this colour management thread:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2011-October/001435.html
As well we discussed some months ago that matter on the #wayland IRC
channel.

> I've been looking at designing a wayland compositor protocol extension
> for FSCM, and wanted to know if anyone on this list had played with
> wayland, or was interested in doing so. At the moment I'm just porting
> my shader code to the new wayland design, and working out the toolkit
> interactions with the weston reference compositing manager.

I am interessted in adding wayland support to Oyranos. libXcm offers a
place for shared reference code. A discussed and written specification
would help in acomplishing the later and is much appreciated.
As well I discussed to add server side colour correction to some window
manager projects, all who work on porting to wayland.

regards