[Openicc] CUPS, colord, Oyranos, printer color management

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Jan 16 08:05:15 PST 2012

Jan-Peter,

On Jan 15, 2012, at 6:02 AM, Jan-Peter Homann wrote:
> Mike, do you agree, that it would make sense, that either colord or Oyaranos could talk in the same way with CUPS based on regular unpatched CUPS version ?

The new ICC support coming in CUPS 1.6 (which integrates Richard's colord changes) will make it easy to add support for different color management systems, should that be desired by Linux distributors.

I suspect any submission to add Oyaranos support to CUPS will require non-trivial amounts of code, so please review the following:

    http://www.cups.org/AppleContributorAgreement_2011-03-10.pdf

We can also accept code submissions for this that are provided under the MIT or New BSD licenses...