[Openicc] printer, driver, IPP, ICC- profiles

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Fri Jan 27 01:15:24 PST 2012

Hello Mike and all,
May be, my proposal was not clear written. I will try it one more time:

We have the use case, that people, companies or projects offering
printer profiles for download, which need an associated mediasetting to
work reliable. The main idea of the proposed ICC dictType Metadata would
be to use exactly the printer-icc-attribute as specified in JPS3 and put
it as metadata into the printer profile.
If the printer profile would be installed on the IPP server (what is the
correct wording ?) we just need a mechanism to read the dictType
Metadata from the new printer profile to update the mediasettings with
printer ICC profiles on the IPP server.

Mike if, you still think, that way does not make sense, what would be
your preferred workflow for:
- offering printer profiles with printer-icc-profiles attributes in one
package for download ?
- What would be the steps for an autmatic installation of the printer
profile and its attributes on an IPP server ?

Thanks for your support and best regards
Jan-Peter

----------  Please note the new adress --------------

homann colormanagement --------- fon +49 30 611 075 18
Jan-Peter Homann ------------ mobile +49 171 54 70 358