[Openicc] [Fwd: icm profiles in debian]

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 11:32:00 PST 2013

On 2 February 2013 15:51, Bernhard Reiter <ockham at raz.or.at> wrote:
> Forwarding this to the OpenICC maling list requesting their help as per
> suggestion of user oy (Kai-Uwe Behrmann) in #scribus.

Since 0.1.27, colord generates a set of profiles, including sRGB from
source data at build time. These are all licensed as CC0, i.e. as
close as you can get to public domain. The profiles are also tagged
with metadata, so applications can find profiles without specifying
the explicit filename.  If you want more details, grab me on IRC, or
join the colord-devel mailing list where we'll be happy to help. In
Fedora, I'm starting to patching applications to not ship their own
copy of the standard profiles (as quite a few apps get this very
wrong) and use the system copy.

Richard.