[Openicc] Adding translated titles to ICC files?

Chris Murphy chris at colorremedies.com
Tue Mar 19 22:03:22 PDT 2013

On Mar 19, 2013, at 1:56 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 March 2013 02:52, Chris Murphy <chris at colorremedies.com> wrote:
>
>> And then use the desc field for exactly what it should be for which is a description of the profile, rather than its name. multiLocalizedUnicodeType doesn't have a byte limit.
>
> Sure, that would make sense if there wasn't a billion profiles in the
> wild with short names in the desc field and really bad filenames. :(

Yeah I know, but let's go back to what these things even are, before deciding whether localization is helpful:

> * Compatible with Adobe RGB (1998)
> * X11 Colors
> * Crayon Colors
> * D65
> * D55
> * D50

I don't understand "compatible with" it sorta sounds like fat free ice cream, or a little bit pregnant. Is it Adobe RGB (1998) or is it not? And if it's not why is it being installed?

X11 Colors and Crayon colors? Are these named color profiles? If so, OK. If it's a device class profile, neither make sense to me.

D65, D55, D50, I'd think are color space profiles, but then what's the color space? L*a*b*? Or other? If they're device class profiles, I might become pregnant with a cow to give birth to in the next round. (Yes I've turned an already weird American idiom, and made it graphically bizarre.)

BTW as of yesterday it appears I will be in Madrid next month for LGM!