[Openicc] GSoC 2013 preparations

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 01:53:59 PDT 2013

On 20 March 2013 08:34, Graeme Gill <graeme at argyllcms.com> wrote:
> Off the top of my head, I'm after a simple API that I can:
>
> 1) Check if the API exists

Something like looking if a .so file exists? Would calling a binary be
preferable to you to avoid any kind of linking?

>   a) Get the current profile for a display.

Is the profile installed somewhere like ~/.local/share/icc/ at this
point? SELinux won't let us load profiles from directories not tagged
with icc_data_home_t without moving/copying the file first, but it's
just an additional step if not.

> The display would be identified by X11 Display *
> and (if applicable) XRandR output index.

Have you got access to the XRandR output name at this point? It should
be something like "LVDS1" -- you can get this from XRRGetOutputInfo()

Richard.