[Openicc] cups-filters

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Fri May 16 15:10:49 PDT 2014

16 bit is now usual for printer drivers. There are serious reasons why one
should pass it through.

Clearly you are trying to add too much functionality in one pass. I suggest
at least a set of test files be prepared.

My own opinion is that printing will only work after a printing czar is
appointed; it does not matter how competent or proficient at programming or
cms, just that there be a single individual.

And I estimate that it will take at least 5 years from now for printing
under Linux Cups to reach the level of stability and functionality of the
Apple print system. Sadly.