[Openicc] cups-filters

Joseph Simon jsimon383 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 22:41:32 PDT 2014

Hello Till,

Color management in the filters is now housed in the new
cupsfilters/colormanager code. This should make it easy for future updates,
as the color management code in the module is shared throughout the
appropriate rasters (with the slight exception of foomatic-rip).

The "cm-calibration" CUPS bool option - which disables color management
throughout cups-filters - should be ready for use as well.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 13.08.2014 12:59, Joseph Simon wrote:
>

>  As of now, rastertopdf should be able to embed any ICC profile, as long
>> as the profile's data color space matches the color space in the header
>> of the PWG raster (cmsSigRgbData <=> CUPS_CSPACE_RGB).
>>

> Great, so we will get a very good IPP Everywhere printer emulation,
> especially if the driver for the actual printer hardware supports color
> management.
>
>    Till

Right now, it is no longer a requirement that the color space be the same
between the two - I have recently added code in rastertopdf to handle 8-bit
color space conversion that will output a properly formatted PDF. So in the
case of embedding a profile, using a CMYK profile would convert the raster
image to a PDF with a CMYK color space.

I would need to add code in cupsfilters/image-colorspace to handle the
16-bit conversion.

Joe Simon