Self introduction

Jaroslav Imrich jaroslav.imrich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:52:04 PST 2011

Hello all,

I am new to this list so please let me introduce myself first. My name is
Jaroslav Imrich, I am from Slovakia and I've started SmartCardTools project
[1] few months ago. There are not many information available about this
project yet, but in general I would like to develop two apps:

APP1. Card Management application with intuitive GUI that would allow
anyone to manage PKCS#11 compatible devices
APP2. Daemon and client library that would allow remote access for PKCS#11
enabled devices

I've already started some coding and developed PKCS11-LOGGER - library that
just logs all function calls and forwards them to other PKCS#11 library.
One can say it's no big deal and it's just a clone of PKCS11-SPY but I have
learned a lot about PKCS#11 interface during its development. I have
already managed to build it under Linux and Windows and I consider it a
good start before I begin any work on APP1 or APP2. Meanwhile I've also
helped to port SoftHSM [2] to Windows and made installer that is available
for public download via SmartCardTools project [3].

I have to say that I like the way how Microsoft integrated cryptography
into their operating systems (with concept of CSPs, unified certificate
dialogs etc.) and I really miss something similar on Linux desktop.
Therefore I am very happy that p11-glue project exists and tries to make
cryptography on Linux desktop more consistent and usefull. I've joined this
list because I believe we have same interests and maybe we could share some
ideas or even join the development forces.

So if there's someone interested I would gladly discuss design details for
mentioned apps.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/smartcardtools/
[2] http://www.opendnssec.org/softhsm/
[3]