gnome-keyring Dependency on p11-kit

Martin Paljak martin at
Fri Jul 8 05:02:27 PDT 2011

(I've been following the discussion on p11-kit as well, thus the Cc for a generic question)

Has anyone come up with a comparison chart about different "PKCS#11 development libraries" outlining the differences and some subjective pros and cons of the wrappers?
I know p11-kit, libp11, pkcs11-helper, pakchois ... I guess there are more. The only common thing is "they are all in C". For example, libp11 is quite limited to RSA/PKCS#1 and hides P11, meaning it is somewhat challenging to use the plain PKCS#11.

Just curious, would like to do it myself once I get the time to dig into it but I guess you might be more aware of the details. Maintaining such table would be interesting, maybe extending [1] could do.