initialization problems with static p11-kit on mingw

Mark Brand mabrand at mabrand.nl
Sun Oct 30 12:28:43 PDT 2011

Stef Walter wrote:
> On 2011-10-29 22:49, Mark Brand wrote:
>> Stef Walter wrote:
>>> Are you trying to use a PKCS#11 module, if so which one? I'd like to
>>> test with it too.
>> My goal for the moment is modest. I just want to be able to statically
>> link to p11-kit and start the applicaiton without hanging.
> p11-kit is not supposed to be built statically. I should try remove the
> option in ./configure that was automatically added by libtool.
>
> Most of the problems that p11-kit solves only work when it is a dynamic
> library. See http://p11-glue.freedesktop.org/doc/p11-kit/ for information.

Indeed, there might not be a very strong use case for p11-kit with
static linking. It's always welcome though when software orginally
configured for shared linking "just works" with minimal fuss when built
with static linking. Maybe one day a mingw-cross-env user will come
complaining about this.

I imagine it would take more work than just solving the initialization
problem discussed in this thread, such as allowing the modules
themselves to be statically linked.

Anyway, thanks for your help. It's fine with me to give this issue some
rest now.

Mark