Correct installation location of p11-kit-proxy.so

Stef Walter stefw at gnome.org
Tue Apr 3 11:48:14 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-01 13:58, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> p11-kit installs the symlink p11-kit-proxy.so to $libdir. Is this the
> right thing to do, shouldn't it end up in $(p11_module_path)?

My opinion: I think it's safer not to install it to $(p11_module_path).

p11-kit-proxy.so is a special module that should not be in the standard
path for PKCS#11 modules.

It's the sort of module we don't want loaded automatically alongside
other modules. Since $(p11_module_path) is also the default location for
p11-kit-proxy.so to lookup the modules it loads, I'm worried about
people having recursive loading problems.

Cheers,

Stef