[packagekit] yum backend system-update

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 04:33:29 PDT 2007

On 30/08/2007, Tim Lauridsen <tla at rasmil.dk> wrote:
> I have changed the yum backend to use package instead of data on
> download, but not on installation/update/remove, because the package
> information is not available on
> deletion and cleanup (the second part of the update, there removes
> leftovers from the updated package).

Sure, could you still use Package please, and only fill in the details
that are known, for instance:

display "Removing GNOME Keyring Manager" we can still display
"Removing gnome-keyring-manager".

> I also changed the yum backend to update the percentage more resent on
> download / install / remove / update, but it need the latest upstream
> yum git code to work.

No problem, I'm running and building yum from git.

> (yum >= 3.2.5), it will not break is using yum-3.2.4, but will not give
> the extra percentage output.

Sure, we can just up the deps on the srpm - but is there a way of
finding the yum version at configure time? does yum install a
pkgconfig file?

Thanks,

Richard