[packagekit] scheduling of tasks

Ken VanDine ken at vandine.org
Thu Aug 30 13:17:11 PDT 2007

Thing like checking for updates and refreshing the cache will surely
be configurable at some point.  Should we touch a file somewhere for
each task so we know when the event finished last?  For example, we
shouldn't be doing a refresh and a get-updates at the same time each
time pk-update-icon starts.  What if the user wants to check daily for
updates, but then reboots a couple times a day... waste.

I was thinking checking the mtime on /var/cache/PackageKit/{refresh,get-updates}

thoughts?

--
Ken VanDine
http://ken.vandine.org