[packagekit] Free and non-free filter

Tom Parker palfrey at tevp.net
Mon Dec 3 10:22:06 PST 2007

On 03/12/2007, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I guess this feature is useful (it's useful to me, just so I install
> the correct free flash package). I'm guessing it's mostly trivial to get
> this information from the metadata, and so wouldn't be too hard to add.
> Correct me if I'm wrong. Comments?

Apt-based stuff still has all the problems mentioned by me before
(namely, we don't have a clue about this, and metadata is thin on the
ground). We can cheat a little here, by noting that for official
Debian repos (and also similarly for Ubuntu) we can separate between
DFSG-free and not-DFSG-free (which is diffferent from FSF-free), but
this will involve a certain amount of "oh, look, it says 'main', ergo
is must be all free" which will massively screw-up on most external
repositories.

Tom