[packagekit] yum backend free filter

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 20 02:25:11 PST 2007

> The Tracebacks can be put into error signals, but i have find a good way
> to add it without making the code crappy ( try / except blocks around
> all functions )

OK, i have made a custom exception handler there convert a unhandled
python exception into a packagekit error signal.
I think we need to work a little with the format, so we can present it
nicely in the frontend.

The first line is
Error Type: <exception class>
second line:
Error Value: <verbose error message>

following lines is the call stack trace:

It is easy to change the format to make it easier to interpret in the
frontend.

It should work for all python backend there is using
'PackageKitBaseBackend' as there parent class.

Tim