[packagekit] Release soon!

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at pardus.org.tr
Thu Dec 20 15:54:17 PST 2007

Hi;

20 Ara 2007 Per tarihinde, Richard Hughes şunları yazmıştı:
> I plan on releasing 0.1.5 tomorrow. If you have anything you want
> included in the release then please push in the next 12 hours. Thanks.
>
> Richard.

I'll work on "progress information" and "license filter" of PiSi backend but
none of them will be ready for this release so currently i have nothing to
wait.

By the way i have some news related to PackageKit;

We decide to start using PackageKit in Pardus 2008. For this purpose, we start
to refactor PiSi API's and modules for better PackageKit integration,  PiSi
switched to urlgrabber from a custom non-standart fetcher module and our KDE3
PackageManager GUI will start to use PackageKit's Python frontend in near
future.

Our configuration manager (COMAR) start to use dbus/PolicyKit/ConsoleKit, so
hopefully we will use PK with our local tools (like in remote system
management & package management interfaces). And if time permits, we will
also planning integrate PK into KDE applications (like gnome-power-manager
integration in GNOME).

Cheers
--
S.Çağlar Onur <caglar at pardus.org.tr>
http://cekirdek.pardus.org.tr/~caglar/

Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates and an Apache in house!