[packagekit] pylint of the python stuff

Tom Parker palfrey at tevp.net
Wed Nov 7 03:41:52 PST 2007

On 07/11/2007, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys, pylint goes baserk with most of the python files - could someone
> who speaks py please have a look and see how many are false positives?

Had a quick look at it. Most of them are false positives - it's
basically being *incredibly* picky regarding a particular python
style. It did find an unnecessary import in packagekit.frontend
(fixed), but only buried in the middle of all the other crap. Also
tried out the pychecker tool, which appears to be much more sane. I've
just committed some changes that fix some errors that it noticed
(get_update_detail being defined twice in packagekit.backend for
example).

Tom