[packagekit] Adding a recursive flag to GetDepends and GetRequires

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 12:56:53 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 15:19 -0500, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> What is the use case behind this feature? The list seems to be quite
> long in the end.

Well, say I want to remove gimp. With no recursive, I will just be
informed of the immediate requires, and might not be informed of
something that the 1st level requires, require. If you see what I mean.

If gnome-power-manager depends on hal, and hal depends on glibc, then
with recursive i would get:

pkcon remove glibc
Removing glibc will also remove hal and gnome-power-manager, okay to
continue? [Y/n]

For recursive dependencies, I can see all the packages I would need on a
minimal install, although I agree the use case for this is less
convincing than the former case.