[packagekit] waf and PackageKit

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 09:15:11 PST 2007

Waf is a pthon build system that doesn't suck:
http://www.freehackers.org/~tnagy/bksys.html

I want to have a semi-complete waf based build in PackageKit soon, and
you can see from the git logs we've already committed quite some scripts
to get there.

Don't freak out!

The autotools stuff is right beside and being kept up to date, so you
can use either to build PackageKit. The waf stuff doesn't work yet, but
I want to get stuff in position for an eventual switch over in a few
months time.

Oddities to note; we're importing the gnome module for the marshal and
po stuff, that probably needs to be split out and renamed in waf. For
the moment, I just want to see if it's possible.