[packagekit] [RFE] Reboot on upgrade ???

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 07:34:22 PST 2007

Hi,

pup has a nice functionality in having dialog box "Rebooting
required? [Now] [Later]" when some low-level important packages
(e.g., kernel, glibc, hal, etc.) are upgraded. I am not sure
(will investigate) whether pup gets information about which
packages requires restart somewhere from some metada or it has
hard-wired list in its code, but I think either way it could he
helpful extension for PK, especially considering that PK should
be for non-geeky users who doesn't bear this list in their mind.

Best,

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

America is the only country that has gone from barbarism to
decadence without civilization in between.
   -- Oscar Wilde