[packagekit] some things that are not quite right in 0.1.3

Tim Lauridsen tim.lauridsen at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 18 23:20:10 PST 2007

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 16:24 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
>
>> Ok, I figured this one out. I had fedora-development configured to use the
>> static koji repo, which doesn't have meaningful comps, thus there are no
>> groups in the metadata. pirut handles this situation a bit better, it only shows
>> groups when they are available in the repository.
>>

> Yum guys, can we do the same here, and not return SearchGroup when we
> have no comps available please. Thanks.
>
> Richard.

Currently all packages will be in GROUP_OTHER if no comps data is
available in the repo.
It is a difficult case,  because there is can be comps.xml with group
infomation for each repo, but it is not an error if one repo is missing
a comps.xml, so it is a bad idea to raise an error.
The backend should not return any groups other than GROUP_OTHER, if no
comps metadata exist.
I think the problem is that we have hardcoded the available groups in
the pk-backend-yum.c, maybe it is an idea to add a get-groups.py helper
to return the available groups in the current active repo setup.

Tim