[packagekit] exclude some upgrades

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 05:08:09 PST 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:06:47 +0000, Richard Hughes scripst:
> No, I've added a button to the detail viewer, so that a user can click
> kernel - get all the info - and then just install this specific update.
> I don't think check boxes are the way to go at all.

Well, button makes PK so that at least it is not useless for Rawhide, but
still -- today I have 123 packages to be updated and two of them (from
TheRepositoryWhichShallNotBeNamed) are barring like four of them from
upgrade (and BTW, none of them is greyed out). Clicking manually on 115
or so other packages which have no problems is kind of bad.

I am not sure I understand fundamental problems with checkboxes, but
could we at least make the logic opposite -- what about a button "Don't
try to update this package"?

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

He has the attention span of a lightning bolt.
      -- Robert Redford