[packagekit] gnome-packagekit hiding buttons it doesn't support

Adrien BUSTANY madcat at mymadcat.com
Mon Oct 8 07:39:32 PDT 2007

Ken VanDine a écrit :
> I just pushed a change (72cc890216e04b5dda7813b1ce23344f9d3f65c8) to
> hide buttons for actions that aren't supported by the backend.  I
> think generally it is a good idea, but the placement doesn't change.
> So we could end up with holes..  I don't have the skills to really fix
> that... looking for volunteers to make that collapse better :)
>
> Thanks,

Well, for the layout point of view I'd rather advocate disabling
buttons, but I don't think it's a good solution from the "user" point of
view, because he won't know why the buttons are disabled.
I think "depends" and "requires" cannot exist separately, so we could
simply put them in a HBox, and hide that HBox. File list and Home can be
hidden without affecting layout. Install and remove should never be
hidden I think :-)
Regards
Adrien