[packagekit] Qt bindings : take it while it's hot !

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 23:31:44 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-08 at 21:51 +0200, Adrien BUSTANY wrote:
> Hi there!
> I've finished binding libpackagekit as a Qt object. I still have to
> document it (will use doxygen to do that), but the code is pretty
> self-explaining.

Sure. Feel free to ask questions about the glib API, I appreciate we
need to add some more comments in there. gtkdoc?

> The next step in my quest to the grail^H^H a good Qt interface to
> package kit is a mockup.

Sure, it should be pretty simple. Just see client/pk-client.c for a
really simple example.

> And also to get a functional install of package
> kit ;-) For now I can only search and check-updates, any other operation
> fails cause PolicyKit will deny it...

1. Is ConsoleKit running?
2. Is PolicyKit 0.5 installed?
3. Is PolicyKit-gnome 0.5 installed?
4. Does ck-list-sessions list any sessions?
5. Does ck-list-sessions list your session as ACTIVE?

> The svn repo is http://maison.mymadcat.com/svn/QPackageKit

Brilliant. We should probably move this to git when you have a
functioning client, and then other guys (me?) can commit API changes or
other fixes directly.

Yell if you need any help explaining the API. If you don't understand
something, then I need to write more documentation about it. :-)