[packagekit] Translators

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:38:55 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 11:54 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> I have added a pt_BR translation, and hope to have french and german
> soon.  I noticed gnome-packagekit doesn't pick up the translator
> credits.  The code to add them is in pk-watch.c and pk-notify.c, but
> something isn't working.  Ideas?  This is way outside of my area of
> expertise :)

[hughsie at hughsie-laptop src]$ egrep -ir "translator-credit" *
pk-notify.c:    const char  *translators = _("translator-credits");
pk-notify.c:    if (!strcmp (translators, "translator-credits")) {
pk-notify.c:                           "translator-credits",
translators,
pk-watch.c:     const char  *translators = _("translator-credits");
pk-watch.c:     if (!strcmp (translators, "translator-credits")) {
pk-watch.c:                            "translator-credits",
translators,

This is the standard way of doing it - if you change to LANG=pt_BR and
run the help UI the pt_BR credits should be there.

I'm also thinking of cloning gnome-packagekit to gnome SVN, so the
language teams can do their magic there. This means I can import the
translations from SVN to git and code vice versa. Yell if you know an
easy way of doing this.