[packagekit] Repo Controls

Ken VanDine ken at vandine.org
Sat Oct 13 17:45:21 PDT 2007

I don't really see much of a case for enabling and disabling repos.
Either you use it or no.  So you could add or remove them.

In the case of conary, I would just return a list of repos to the
client and when the client changes them just write out the file in
/etc/conary/config.d/.  Also, we should trigger a refresh-cache when
that list of repos changes.

--Ken

On 10/13/07, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 20:31 -0400, Justin Haygood wrote:
> > Adding and removing a repo would be good to (especially for something
> > like using Packagekit as the backend to YMP/ One-Click-Install)
>
> This is tricky, as repos often are not just parameters, but whole comfig
> files. What use case have you got for this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard.

Ken VanDine
http://ken.vandine.org