[packagekit] Repo Controls

Tim Lauridsen tla at rasmil.dk
Wed Oct 17 02:23:25 PDT 2007

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 17:12 -0700, Richard Hughes wrote:
>
>> +          <row>
>> +            <entry>Get Repo List</entry>
>> +          </row>
>> +          <row>
>> +            <entry>Repo Enable</entry>
>> +          </row>
>> +          <row>
>> +            <entry>Repo Set Data</entry>
>> +          </row>
>>

> Backend dudes: do you think this will be okay? For yum I'm guessing it
> would be quite easy;
>
> "get-repo-list.py" should return:

this sounds fine to me, it is easy to implement
> and "repo-enable.py fedora-development-debuginfo false" should disable
> the repo. We don't have to do anything with repo-set-data.py yet, we
> need to think about what is allowed, and what would make sense to
> abstract.

There is an issue here, here is no persistence between the calls to the
different yum helpers, so for this to work we have some choices to make.
1. repo-enable changes the repo enabled permanent by changing the
'enabled=' in there *.repo files. (UGLY)
2. write the packagekit repo state to some kind of conf file and make
the helpers read and set the repo states from the conf file.
3. add a repolist parameter to all helpers.

I prefer 2.

Comments.

Tim