[packagekit] [RFC] Refresh Cache

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 06:14:33 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 15:30 +0300, S.Çağlar Onur wrote:
> 26 Eki 2007 Cum tarihinde, Tim Lauridsen şunları yazmıştı:
> > I see your point, but i think it is out of scope for PackageKit at the
> > moment, It might pop up later if the frontend needs this kind of more
> > advanced repo management.
>
> OK, fair enough :)
>
> What about converting RefreshCache to a privileged operation

Hmm. The client schedules refresh cache automatically, when the user has
been idle for a long time. If the user is idle, then they won't be able
to enter the admin password.

I do see merit in allowing this to be controlled by PolicyKit, although
it should default to be allowed, that is, without a password.

The distro can then patch this default to whatever depending on the
security policy - and the admin can of course change the default.

So yes, in my opinion we should push this, but default to allowing when
on active console.