[packagekit] invalidating of cache

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 10:45:51 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 10:46 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
> I think currently PK invalidates cache after doing an update-system.

It invalidates the updates_cache, sure.

> Not sure if anything else does that... but I would like a way
> to emit something from the backend to tell it not to invalidate the
> cache.  Since we check for updates online, not via the cache it is
> rather meaningless to invalidate that.  Something like "invalidate-cache
> False".

Erm, I don't follow. The cache is invalidated so the next GetUpdates
call actually runs the backend->get_updates function. By invalidating we
just say "this probably isn't true anymore".

Do you mean that you don't want to invalidate the updates cache if there
are no packages updates with UpdateSystem?