[packagekit] Semantic issues with GetDeps (and other interface functions)

Ken VanDine ken at vandine.org
Tue Sep 4 08:10:45 PDT 2007

About the getDeps questions... IMO I think the whole concept of
showing the user the deps doesn't align with the vision of PackageKit,
at least my interpretation of the vision.  My 75 year old mom isn't
gonna care what the deps are at all... she just knows she wants to
play nibbles.  I would vote to remove the deps stuff all together and
let the backend attempt to do the right thing, raising an error if it
can't.

My $0.02

--Ken

--