[packagekit] package icons and names

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 07:29:16 PDT 2007

On 09/09/2007, Ken VanDine <ken at vandine.org> wrote:
> What is the status of this integration in PackageKit?  Planned?  This
> solves a problem I have and would love to know if I need to go another
> route.

Yes, sorry, I've been distracted with Real Life stuff this weekend.

My priorities for PK, in a rough order:

* Add GetUpdateDetail API
* Add GetFilters API
* Add GetGroups API
* Fix the UpdateAvailable API
* Add some more unit tests to avoid "brown paper bag" release.
* Valgrind everything for memory leaks
* Release first version (0.1.0)
* Sort out online desktop / PackageKit integration
* Do abstract repo management API
* Log transactions, and convert the job number to a transaction ID
* Create sqlite database of transactions and have a transaction viewer
* Allow rollbacks of past transactions.

So basically you can sum this up as concentrating on the core
functionality before I worry about other "stuff".
My #1 priority at the moment is to try to get backends 100% complete
and support creation of more backends for other systems.

If anybody wants to grab something lower in my priority queue and
impliment it then sure, that's great. To be honest the rollbacks
support is not really a priority for me, but I understand it is for
conary, so it would be great if one of you guys could take the task
and run with it - I can give you lots of details on how I would like
it done.

Hope that helps,