[packagekit] pk_backend_finished race issue

Tom Parker palfrey at tevp.net
Fri Sep 14 09:27:11 PDT 2007

Richard Hughes wrote:
> Did the patch work for you? Please can you test it, and if it works
> I'll merge it (and convert the other users). Thanks.

I'm very glad you got me to do that, as it's got a couple of nasty bugs.
First one is fixed by the attached data.patch, which fixes a compile
error due to the lack of the UpdateData structure. The second, I'm not
sure how to fix, and it happens every time. See test.log for the full
log, but the "GThread-ERROR **: file
/tmp/buildd/glib2.0-2.14.0/gthread/gthread-posix.c: line 385 (): error
'Resource deadlock avoided' during 'pthread_join (*(pthread_t*)thread,
&ignore)'" at the bottom is not a healthy thing.

Not sure what to do there, and I don't know how much time I'll have this
weekend. Ideas anyone?

Tom