[packagekit] Package update policy

Justin Haygood jhaygood at reaktix.com
Tue Sep 25 14:56:16 PDT 2007

> > Do any of the backends yet distinguish between 'security' updates and
> > regular ones?
>
> The yum metadata should really soon. I think APT is able to do this too
> already.
>
> Richard.

zypp already can.. but writing the backend is on hold until some updated
packages are available from Novell upstream (PolicyKit, d-bus, and some
packages that need to be updated as a result of the update, hal, etc..).
This is supposed to be done this week if the people if the people doing
this has enough downtime (considering that openSUSE 10.3 is almost ready
to go out, and these updated packages will be for openSUSE 11, not
10.3...)