[packagekit] license handling

Klaus Kaempf kkaempf at suse.de
Fri Apr 4 01:25:22 PDT 2008

* Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> [Apr 03. 2008 23:15]:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf at suse.de> wrote:
> >  So please allow the license prompt when updating packages.
> >  Without it, PackageKit might not be usable for openSUSE.
>
> We just cannot (and will not) do the EULA on upgrade - what if there
> is no user present and it's automatic and unattended?

Then such an update (one with a changed EULA) probably has to be postponed.

> Also, I would appreciate it if you didn't bully the issue with
> statements like "...without it, PackageKit might not be usable for
> openSUSE"

I apologize, this wasn't my intention.

We (openSUSE now, SUSE Linux Enterprise later) have to provide a
solution for 'EULA changes with update' and we'd rather use an
upstream solution.

I am open to suggestion how to solve this with PackageKit.

Klaus
---