[packagekit] Doing the GPG auth dance

Stefan Haas shaas at suse.de
Wed Apr 9 02:36:26 PDT 2008

Richard Hughes schrieb:
> I've got an experimental branch that allows client tools to handle the
> rep-signature-required signal and requeing the action to make it
> complete. I only did this for pkcon, but it wasn't easy.
>
> Now, the problem I've got is similar with the eula response - do we make
> each application that wants to do package installation with packagekit
> handle all this goo - or do we wrap it up in an easy GOjbect that takes
> care of all the complexity?

How should I understand this GObject?
> What about allowing the gpk-update-icon to put up a bubble asking if the
> EULA is okay? this would mean clients can just do the action, and allow
> the session tools and packagekitd to do the right thing, but breaks if
> the client tools are not running.

For this case I would suggest something like a timeout. So if
packagekitd got no respond in a specified time frame it should abort the
action.
> If we let the calling application handle it, then we've got to add code
> to do it even in programs like inkscape and openoffice, which would suck
> massively.
>
> Anyone got any good ideas? The hacky patch for pkcon is attached.
>
> Richard.

Stefan

--
Stefan Haas <shaas at suse.de> SUSE Linux Products GmbH Research &
Development Maxfeldstr. 5 GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)