[packagekit] Limiting to one extra thread

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Fri Apr 25 07:17:07 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Ahh, that doesn't need two threads, it just needs the transaction to do
>  the sane thing in the single thread. You only need two threads when you
>  need to, for instance, build the cache and download the package at the
>  same time. The daemon probably won't do the right thing in this case, so
>  it's probably better to download the cache, /then/ download the package
>  so we can give the user a coherent state of what's going on.

It does need two threads ig you want the proper solution where one
thread gets a prepared list of downloads in a sensible order and
signals the other thread when a set is fully downloaded _while_ still
downloading further sets and signalling them in the background.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
PLD Linux Distribution