[packagekit] Shutdown packagekitd manually

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 04:33:45 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 10:49 +0200, Stefan Haas wrote:
> as long as packagekitd is running the packagemanagement system is
> locked (at least on the zypp side). No matter if some transaction is
> runningor pk is idle. So the user has to wait till shutdown timeout
> period is over or he has to kill packagekitd.
> Therefore a dbus call to shutdown the backend would be very handy.
> Needless to say, that if a transaction is running this call will fail.

Well, I guess what you are trying to do is shutdown packagekit because
you're using a native tool. One easy way to do this would put a DBUS
method on the interface - or if you just want just
"touch /etc/PackageKit/PackageKit.conf" -- the latter works as the
daemon things it's been upgraded and exits as soon as the last
transaction has finished. Yell if you want a DBUS method.