[packagekit] Res: blocked updates

dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Fri Aug 15 10:23:38 PDT 2008

>> but what is a blocked update anyway!? is like a conflicting update?

>An update you can't install for one reason or another. I don't think we
>should use blocked updates if we can help it, as they're not very easy
>to understand from the user.

Sorry Richard for asking again about this but
i couldn't understand very well.
Should i let the user to select and call installUpdates()
with a blocked update?

Or you was just saying that the backend shouldn't emit those?
In this case we might remove the enum IMHO.

I found that showing the user and not letting
them to select it is a safer solution
although it's not clear why he can't install it.

Daniel.