[packagekit] slow connection & offline users problem.

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 26 01:12:02 PDT 2008

Richard Hughes wrote:

> Right, I had not considered a windows program -- at the moment to
> generate the pack you need Linux installed. I'm not sure how we could
> support doing stuff on windows as it starts getting complicated really
> quickly.

FYI, this is a common request in many places. In several parts of the
world where internet access is limited, people go to Internet centre's
which usually run Windows and want to download stuff, burn into CD's and
transfer them across to their Linux systems. I agree it can be
complicated but probably will be a much appreciated feature if it can be
provided.

Rahul