[packagekit] PackageKit frontends idea

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 14:47:22 PST 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-10 at 23:39 +0100, Jakub 'Livio' Rusinek wrote:
> Man, you're the developer number one on my personal list :) .

Heh, thanks. Mine's a beer at GUADEC / FOSDEM. ;-)

> You get great ideas from everything :)

Well, I think the filters interface sucks at the moment, and we need to
fix that.

We currently have an interface like this:

Installed    [All packages]
Development  [Available]
Graphical    [Installed]
Free         [All packages]

Which isn't very easy to use, and also sucks if the translations for the
comboboxes are quite long (fr_FR for instance).

I'm thinking of splitting the filter into two pages or something, or
maybe just have a tristate checkbox or something. Maybe option circles
might be best. Ideas welcome.