[packagekit] Service Packs, PackageKit (and Opyum): downloadable list

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:46:11 PST 2008

> How this program creates the list of the files to download (including
> dependencies and the files that the user has installed in the
> unconnected computer)?.

In the same way Yum resolves the dependencies while installing or
updating packages.

> Can one automatically open this list file and download the files in
> Windows (there is where I have the Internet connection).

There is no such list file that is created. Moreover you will need an
Internet connection even to create such a list file.

For users who don't have Internet connection on their GNU/Linux
machines, one can run a web-service which will let them create
service-packs using a Web browser.

Cheers,
Debarshi
--