[packagekit] String Validation vs Multiple Search Terms

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 16:31:31 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 01:01 +0100, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> since apt2 now makes use of the xapian database I would like to have
> multiple term searches. pk_strvalidate_char does not allow this.

Do you mean separated by a space? If we change this, then we need to
specify what to do in clients that only support searching for one thing.
What would/should the opkg or yum backends do if you passed them "media
player"?

> By the way the search engine could even handle boolean expressions and
> tag searcher (a special syntax using ::).

I don't think any magic syntax is a good idea - it's just not
discoverable. Can't we just use the tag search in the search detail
method?