[packagekit] A new design update viewer

James Bowes jbowes at dangerouslyinc.com
Sat Jan 5 04:49:57 PST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 6:36 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> 01-updates shows how many of each type of update there is, which I think
> is useful. If there's just one low priority update then you could close
> it, but otherwise you could review then by clicking next. Do we need a
> summary page like this? Is it useful?

I like this, but it might get annoying to have to do that one extra
click. Could it go up top of the review dialog as some kind of summary
line? Or maybe the individual updates could be children of these top
level categories in the treeview (this one might be ugly)? Another
option might be to have a "just do it" button on the summary page.

It might also be useful if we could work in some way with the summary
page to let a user just install all security updates, for instance.

Good looking mock-ups, Richard.

-James