[packagekit] searching for helpers

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 11:05:45 PST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 09:11 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2008 2:49 AM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Out of interest, what pwd is packagekitd run in ?
> > /sbin I believe.
> The fact that you are mistaken here is probably another argument for
> turning this off.

Totally. I've added a configure switch --enable-local (default on for
maintainer mode, default off for regular builds) which you'll need to
use when testing packagekitd in a local root. git-show
c1985af0190118e0bd7128f25b4eb57aa0b8ddc1 if you want to check.

In the case of cwd being / would it make sense to change the directory
to /tmp or something? I'm a bit of a newbie with stuff like this.

Thanks.