[packagekit] Listing all packages

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:49:47 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-15 at 14:51 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> >> Communication -> ??
> >> Development -> Programming

Sane.

> >> Games -> Games

Sane!

> >> GPS -> ??

What about GPS? Software or maps or what?

> >> Maps -> ??

Maps.

> >> Miscellaneous -> Unknown

Correct.

> >> Network -> Internet (?)

Nahh, Network is good.

> >> Sources -> ??

We need "repos" for this, as the source name is very overloaded with
development packages.

So, can I add for now:

PK_GROUP_ENUM_COMMUNICATION
PK_GROUP_ENUM_NETWORK
PK_GROUP_ENUM_MAPS
PK_GROUP_ENUM_REPOS

> "Sources" is apparently the same thing as repositories. The repository
> management is going to be done using packages because ipkg doesn't
> implement any repository management functions itself, and this will be
> the easiest way for users to download and "install" new repositories.

Sure, livna and stuff does the same in Fedora.

> Sounds good, but how would the custom filter be defined? I don't want to
> add vendor specific code into the backend, so the filter rule must be
> passed in at configure. Or is there another way?

Hmm. Okay, what about we make the filter called "visible" and we only
implement that filter if we want control over the output options.

Okay for me to add PK_FILTER_ENUM_VISIBLE?